Occupy Wall St. Occupy L.A. Occupy.
1. The top 1 percent of Americans owns 40 percent of the nation’s wealth
2. The top 1 percent of Americans take home 24 percent of national income
3. The top 1 percent of Americans own half of the country’s stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
4. The top 1 percent of Americans have only 5 percent of the nation’s personal debt
5. The top 1 percent are taking in more of the nation’s income than at any other time since the 1920s
|—||Frederick Buechner (via shetakesflight)|
New York City: Emergency picket to drop all charges on Occupy Wall Street arrestees, City Hall, October 3, 2011.
Photos by redguard